Thursday, July 17, 2008

if I could take you away; to the sunset today







At the end of a beautiful summer day - one of blue skies, absent of any little cloud - one just wishes to be lulled by some lovely tunes. And so, I have compiled a list of music that helps me greet the cooling air & darkening skies; a list with some of the most enchanting female vocals to accompany some lovely photos. I've linked up the titles to Last.fm so you can hear a sample or in some cases watch a video. So, kick off your sandals, let your wavy locks hang loose & take a little listen:

1. Rowboat - Emily Haines & the Soft Skeleton
2. Polite Dance Song - the Bird and the Bee
3. Now Now - St. Vincent
4. In A Manner of Speaking - Nouvelle Vague
5. I Feel it All - Feist
6. Charlie Chaplin - Katie Herzig
7. Do Not as I Do - Hanne Hukkelberg
8. The Woods - Ohbijou
9. New Soul - Yael Naim
10. Noah's Ark - CocoRosie
11. A Violent Yet Flammable World - Au Revoir Simone
12. Golden Star - My Brightest Diamond

♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: