Friday, July 18, 2008

the garden grows; as if she knows




Gardening is such a great way to spend ones time on a warm summer afternoon. I just love walking around aimlessly in my backyard & garden, soaking up all of the sounds & smells. I took some photos to share some of the flowers growing around here {& it was also an excuse to take a photo of my kitty :] }
The design of our garden is pretty simple with common species of flowers like colourful lilies & beautifully scented roses; all helping to keep me in touch with nature. There's also some vegetables that we've planted that start growing throughout the summer and into the fall. Fresh local fruits & veggies are really the most delicious & I'm always ecstatic when one of my favourites is in season.
I also love gardening as a form of art. And leave it to the Brits at the BBC to really know their stuff. The history of the art of gardening is also quite fascinating and so I've linked up a nice timeline of the history of British gardening here.

♥ ♥ ♥

No comments: